Whale of a Sale is a children’s consignment sale held each February and September at Vestavia Methodist. The sale features gently used children’s clothing, shoes and decor, baby gear, and maternity wear. The sale benefits Vestavia Day School, an auxiliary ministry of VHMC. Sellers receive 70% of their profit while the remaining 30% goes to VDS. Proceeds from past sales have allowed Vestavia Day School to purchase furniture and equipment for classrooms, make improvements to the day school grounds and facilities and buy new curriculum. Most recently, VDS was able to buy shades for the playground through funds from WOAS. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds from WOAS are donated to the Rucker Collier Foundation, a charitable organization created to raise awareness and funds for Sclerosing Epithelioid Fibrosarcoma (“SEF”) and other rare and understudied pediatric sarcomas. Click here to learn more about The Rucker Collier Foundation.
2 pm – Early Shopping Pass Holders Shopping Begins ($10 to purchase)
4 pm – 8 pm – Public Sale Begins
9 am – 1 pm (Select items are discounted)